ballast bobbin

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <CTCDW-at-aol-dot-com>

Hello all,

I am going to wind a ballast soon, and I need some learned advice. I would
like to wind this coil on a bobbin, rather than on the core for 2 reasons.
First, it would be more convenient to do so, and second, I am concerned about
the temperature of the core possibly melting the insulation (its THHN wire,
with a pvc, or whatever they are usisng now) Any experiences with this? what
should I make the bobbin out of if I use one?

Thanks!

Chris W