Re: Hollow tube PP capacitors

Original poster: "R.E.Burnett by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <R.E.Burnett-at-newcastle.ac.uk>

Hi Terry,

I recently did a "post-mortem" on a Polypropylene PFC cap.  The foil &
dielectric were rolled on a 4mm hollow metal tube.  It was made by
Cambridge Capacitors (UK) in 1979,  so it seems some capacitors are
already made this way.  I never thought much about it until now.

BTW,  it was one of the foil-end connections that had failed ;-))

							Cheers,

							-Richie,