RE: Mathematics of Tesla coils (was Re: Design tool: TC-plan V 1.0)

Original poster: "Loudner, Godfrey by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <gloudner-at-SINTE.EDU>

Hi Marco

A great deal is known, but I would like to see someone set up the Maxwell
field equations for a Tesla coil and solve the resulting boundary value
problems. Then from the solutions, derive formulas for all the important
parameters. When I made an attempt, I ran into seemingly impossible problems
in the theory of elliptic function which I could not solve. Because I am a
life long student of elliptic modular functions, I was embarrassed. Maybe
this has already been done, and I have not seen it in the literature. In
fact I have no access to any research literature.

Godfrey Loudner