Pregnant Caps

Original poster: "Matt Skidmore by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <fox-at-woozle-dot-org>

HI all,
ive been running my coil for a while.. specs:
15/30 nst with a sync gap 4.5x26 inch secondary #24 wire. primary tapped
around the 18th turn.

the caps i have been using are:
ASC   I  0024
SHV 51B
.02 MFD +- 10%
15000 VDC

ive been usually using 3 in series to get .006 (if i remember). anyway im
not even sure what type of caps these are after ive tried looking them up

they seem to be made of black plastic tubelike and wrapped with nylon. 7cm
long and 2.5 cm in diameter.

i had two of them die tonight. both emmited light from under the nylon and
afterwards growing a "fat belly". the caps were slightly warm in the spot
they were glowing. can you guess what type these were?

i also have some 5kv oil caps rated for .1 mfd. would these be suitable
for tesla use?

anyway, i think im going to purchase some geek caps, but my main question
is mixing of caps. could i say, use the oil filled caps, with the geek
caps and perhaps some of the caps i have that havent died yet?

lengthy and detailed answers appreciated :)
and no fair telling me "no" just because you want me to buy more geek caps
Duck! :)

-fox