Re: On the fly tuning of a TC

Original poster: "Ed Phillips by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Jason Petrou by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <jasonp-at-btinternet-dot-com>

> good idea about the optical system, but the problem with the reciever part
> of the system is how do I power it? I was thinking of it before but if you
> hit a bettery with a streamer from a coil... keep in mind that I have only a
> very limited amount of space (like 10cm) under the primary and the secondary
> cannot be removed from the base - all batteries would have to go outside of
> the assembly!

	I have been successful in remote tuning by means of a pulley and long
nylon cords.  Very simple, lightning proof, and quick to build.  Can't
imagine much subsequent tuning once a coil was working.  Another
possibility would be to use switches controlled by cords.

Ed