alternet HV source ??

Original poster: "hoggwild89 by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <hoggwild89-at-netzero-dot-net>

Has anyone considered using a working TV chasis ?? a good 27 inch should
give you 25 - 30 kv dc.
If you get an old one with a 'brute force' power supply you should be able
to bring it up slow on a
variac. I forsee a problem with newer tv's though, most new ones use Switch
Mode Power Supplies.

Hoggy
(FYI - professional TV tech)