RE: Geek Gap Mark-1

Original poster: "Garry Freemyer by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <garry-at-ndfc-dot-com>

The only time I have seen something like this are the following conditions

One leg of the NST had flown the coop.

The cap was too large.

Something was draining the charge out of the cap, perhaps bad bleeder
resister(s).

Perhaps there are too many windings and the inductance is limiting the
current flow. - this one is a wild guess.

Something is wrong with the gap itself. I've tried different kinds of
experimental gaps and found that some of them produced a grieviously low
bang rate.

snip

It's firing at about 20 Hz (slow
enough that you can discern the individual bangs

snip