JavaTC v7.06 Update Was: I've noted a similar odd anomily......

Original poster: "Barton B. Anderson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <tesla123-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Hi All,

Thanks to Garry Freemyer pointing out the odd anomily in the javatc
program, the problem has been
corrected. The problem was in the Fine Tune function within the Primary
Design Structure. When the
Primary Fr and Secondary Fr were compared, the error % equation would calc
incorrectly if the
value of the Primary Fr was between 1000 and 1100.

I'm now using a slightly different method of comparing the two frequency's
and this has corrected
the error %.

I also changed the Fine Tune function to an Auto-Tune function. Although
similar, it is much
faster. If you start out at 1 turn on the primary (or 10, or 20, or
whatever), it takes only a
couple of seconds to find the calculated tap position.

JavaTC is now at v7.06.
 http://www.classictesla-dot-com/java/javatc.html

Thanks Garry for pointing out this odd behavior.

Bart A.

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Garry Freemyer by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <garry-at-ndfc-dot-com>