Re: PTs

Original poster: "Christopher Boden by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <chrisboden-at-hotmail-dot-com>

>Hi Chris,
>
>Unfortunately, it sounds to me like your big PT has an internal
>short in the HV secondary winding. It certainly shouldn't be
>tripping your mains breaker with no load on the output, unless
>there's an internal short.

That's what I though, but what if it's just a matter of a REALLY low primary
resistance? Couldn't that appear to the breaker as a short?

>And unfortunately, a butyl covered PT
>is virtually impossible to tear into to repair ;-(
>
>David Rieben

Yup, but, even if it's got a HV side short, it's a beautiful bit of
inductive ballast :)

Have fun!

Duck

Christopher A. Boden Geek#1