Re: MMC style caps

Original poster: "Barton B. Anderson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <tesla123-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Hi Chris,

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Christopher Boden by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <chrisboden-at-hotmail-dot-com>

> thanks Bart! :) I'm doing my best.
>
> Are you a member yet?

Not yet. 1001 propjects going now.

> I think I may actually have enough to try our pig system on the MMC array.
> We have 4 arrays, 2 sized for a 12/120 feed and 2 sized for a 15/120 feed. I
> think if we hook the 15kV banks in paralell I may have enough to test it
> out, though I would be WAY STR.

That's ok. Most pigs are STR (not that they have to be).

> Might be enough to try it though, can I damage my MMCs doing this??

It's no different than any other supply. The voltage is the same, the only
difference is the charging current
is availably higher. I believe there have been one or two pig MMC's
running. Maybe they can comment on any
special construction?

Take care,
Bart A.