Re: Ganging MOT's w/ Voltage doubler(s)

Original poster: "Gregory Hunter by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <ghunter31014-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Hi Erik,

I built just such a power supply not too long ago and
got excellent results with it.  I used two MOTs with
two voltage doublers to produce about 12kvdc (pulsed)
at several hundred milliamps.  Using this power
supply, I got sparks up to 5 feet long from my little
4" x 24" Tesla coil. This was a rather intense power
supply, sucking roughly 20 Amps from a 240vac workshop
outlet.  It was hard on both caps and gap, but it sure
put out the power.  The twin MOT supply is in
semi-retirement now, as I am using the two MOTs for
pole transformer ballast, but I could reassemble it
pretty quickly should the need arise. Have a gander at
my web pages for more technical detail.  While you're
at it, link over to Finnish coiler Marco Denicolai's
web site and see his neat twin MOT supply.  I have a
link to it on my page.  Best regards.

Greg
http://hot-streamer-dot-com/greg