RE: Tesla Coil Bl.. Streamer Load reflects Resistance & LC + Robotics WIN

Original poster: "Hall, Dale by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <Dale.Hall-at-trw-dot-com>

Hi all,
I would remind the list of the important relationship between Parallel
Loads (resistive for simplicity) on the secondary such as corona,
streamers, & power arcs that
may be expressed as secondary series equivalent resistance (& coupled back
to Pri):

RequivSeries = XL^2/RparallelLoad

Cap, C
Xc = cap's reactance
(corona & streamers load takes place within the plates of a
 virtual Secondary Capacitance - the topload to everything else)
or
Inductor
XL = inductors reactance

Rp = resistance in Parallel with Cap (dielectric leakage, Requiv of Spark !)
Rs = ESR: resistance equivalent to Rp  (substitute for ckt modeling)

  Rs = Xc^2/Rp  = 1/(Rp*(2PiFC)^2)

The nature of corona and streamers is chaotic the equivalent series
resistance is as well.

Regards, Dale

!-at-#%-at-#%&$%(*&^*&)^%$^%#-at-$%

NEWSFLASH !! my TRW Team 294, Redondo Beach, California,
 just won the FIRST Nationals Robotics Championship held at Epcot, April 5-7,
 (For Inspiration & Recognition of Science & Technology)
 (>550 robots registered, 335 showed at nationals)

  breaking scoring records 4 times relative to previous 13 regional
contests held across US in March

in alliance with teams
   Team 71  - Beatty Machine and Manufacturing & School City of Hammond
   Team 294 - TRW, Computer Assoc A & Mira Costa & Redondo Union HS Beach
Cities Robotics
   Team 125 - Northeastern University/ Textron Systems & Boston Latin
School & Brookline HS & Milton Academy
   Team 365 - E.I. du Pont de Nemours & Company, Inc./ DuPont Engineering
Explorer Post
   Team 279 - Dana Corporation & Toledo Technology Academy & Rogers HS

see www.usfirst-dot-org for more info.

:-))  Thanks Terry  :-))