Re: Q's ? Q's ? Q's ?

Original poster: "Sietze by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <s.van.de.burgt-at-hccnet.nl>

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
To: <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Sent: Monday, April 09, 2001 3:57 PM
Subject: Re: Q's ? Q's ? Q's ?

> Original poster: "Malcolm Watts by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <m.j.watts-at-massey.ac.nz>

> HI Sietze,
>
> On 8 Apr 01, at 23:07, Tesla list wrote:
>
> > Original poster: "Sietze by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>"
> > <s.van.de.burgt-at-hccnet.nl>
> >

> > About operating a coil in a high vacuum
> >
> > > If the voltage is high enough it will become a vacuum emitter I
> > > expect. In fact, it might well gain a net charge through emission
> > > rectification (can lose electrons but not much else).
> > >
> > How high does the voltage need to be to let it become a vacuum emitter
> > ??? Is it possible to do the same with a VTTC ?
>
> The voltage would depend on the radius of curvature of the discharge
> surface. I couldn't give a definitive figure. Someone esle might be
> able to.

> > > Short answer - no. It won't behave as you'd expect at any frequency
> > > other than its natural 1/4 wave frequency. At higher harmonics, it
> > > will develop voltage antinodes along its length. It would present
> > > complex impedances whose identities would vary according to
> > > frequency to the drive source.
> >
> > Is it possible to design and Build a Coil specifically for the Mhz or
> > Ghz band ? It doesn't need to spark, it just needs to build a high
> > potential.
>
> In a sense, any unmatched transmission line of some sort might be
> regarded as a resonator. The Corum's notes show a link-coupled cavity
> resonator but I can't remember which frequency it was running at.
> Certainly far higher than a traditional wound helix.

Where do I find the Corum's notes and all the things you mentioned.
I'm in desparate need for some url's. Would you be so kind to tell me some.
A search engine give's the most riduculus mess when you search on these
keywords.
My link with the Pupman site god cut of somehow and Gozilla imediatly
responded
with showing me a large list of Tesla.zip files on mirror sites who probebly
don't had
anything to do at all with my interrupted download (saved the list though
(might be interesting to look at some rainy afternoon)).

> Regards,
> malcolm

More greetings
Sietze