Re: Re: Q's ? Q's ? Q's ?

Original poster: "Sietze by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <s.van.de.burgt-at-hccnet.nl>

> >Is it possible to operate a coil on an higher frequency than it was
> >designed for. I mean Mhz instead of Khz or maybe even Giga!hertz? Would
it
> >just burn up more quickly or do nothing because of hysterislus (how do I
> >translate that right?). Is is posible to make a coil for that specific
> >purpose?
>
> Some small coils may get close to the 1MHz frequency.  However, to get any
> real sparks, the coil has to be a reasonable size and the inductances and
> capacitances are naturally going to get so large that the frequency will
> drop.  I can't imagine every getting above 5MHz for anything practical.

It ain't supposed to make sparks (sparks are nice but I don't need 'm(I'm
experimenting with power transfer from one coil to an other)). So it is just
the opposit(preventing the coil from sparking). I just wanna make a coil for
that purpose so I need a small one on a very high freqeuncy, So again the
question is: Is it possible to do that?

If you 've got something to say just say it ad s.van.de.burgt-at-hccnet.nl
Linux post and programs (netscape) send to s.vande.burgt-at-12move.nl

Greetings from Holland

Sietze