Re: Incomplete HV transformer on ebay

Original poster: "BunnyKiller by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <bigfoo39-at-telocity-dot-com>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Loudner, Godfrey by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <gloudner-at-SINTE.EDU>

> Hi All
>
> I would like an opinion about an incomplete HV transformer on ebay.

snipperzz...

Hi Godfrey....

with the "external" legs missing from the core, the reluctance of this core
will be exceedingly high.
Thus, the amount of amperage needed to make the coil "work" to its fullest
extent will never be reached
with common household current ratings. ( probably need 150A to get a
decient Iout). Find a large EI core
( 20 - 30KVA dry transformer core) and remount the coils on it, then you
will probably see what "they
are really made of".

BTW did you ever do anything with those oily paper wrapped coils you got
from Steve? ( the ones with the
yellow hivolt wire coming out of them). I m working on my 30KV 20KVA piggie
at the moment so mine got
put off to the side untill later.

Good luck on the bidding  ( AOD has his name on the current trannie) ...

Scot D   aka Bunnykiller