Re: General Questions

Hi,

Low pressures would tend to arc much more easily while higher pressures would
tend to increase the voltage standoff.  A gas like SF6 would also increase the
voltage standoff but it is not a common gas for the average guy to get hold
of.  Probably best just to make the coil long enough so that arcing is not a
problem or use the tried and true method of adding plastic disks inside the
coil form if really needed.

Cheers,

        Terry