Re: Tesla Coil Regulations??????

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <Mddeming-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 4/6/01 11:43:59 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> Original poster: "raven0075 by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <
> raven0075-at-home-dot-com>
>
> I have told a few people that I have constructed a Tesla Coil, most people
> don't seam to understand why I built it, and some people seam to be freaked
> out
> by the power it produces, what kind of problems has anyone run in with city
> officials, with a high voltage device.  I understand about the RF
> interference
> FCC problems and PCB's and OZONE, but is there anything else that they could
> shut you down for?.
>
> Or is there no laws prohibiting the use of a coil? and High voltage in your
> Garage.
>

> Thanks
> Brian

Hi Brian & All,
  There are no laws (yet) to my knowledge that specifically address Tesla
Coils. However, if you get on the bad side of some petty local official or
nosy neighbor, there's public nuisance, disturbing the peace, attractive
nuisance, creating a public hazard, creating a panic, local, state, or
national code violations (real or imagined), zoning violations, etc.etc. A
city inspector with a misplaced wild hair can shut you down until you prove
in court that you are not in violation (time consuming and expensive). It's
all in how you handle your P.R.

Matt D.