Re: Treenails??

Original poster: "Ed Phillips by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Ross Overstreet by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <ross-o-at-mindspring-dot-com>

> That is way too much trouble and is not required.  I think whoever said "no
> metal screws" was probably referring to the secondary and even then it's OK
> if you take precautions.  I use steel bolts and screws all over the place
> with no problems at all (and I'm getting 6 ft arcs out of my NST coil).
>
> If you have metal sticking through your secondary then you need baffles
> inside the tube.  If you use them on the primary supports like 99% of
> everyone else, then you just take reasonable measures (decent spacing) to
> make sure the arc is happier going through the primary than through your
> bolt/screw.
>
> Seeya,
> Ross-O

	There are also nylon screws and nuts, available quite inexpensively
from even the local hardware store.  Plenty strong enough for any TC
application.

Ed