[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: magnet wire
- To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
- Subject: Re: magnet wire
- From: Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>
- Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2000 20:29:07 -0600
- Delivered-To: fixup-tesla-at-pupman-dot-com-at-fixme
- In-Reply-To: <20000917000332.20996.qmail-at-web5104.mail.yahoo-dot-com>
A common source is motor winding/repair shops. Check in the phone book
for motor repair. These shops often have leftovers they sell very cheap.
Or they can easily order spools for you but at retail prices. There are a
few mail order places and if you ask, there are probably a few of us who
have extra wire around too depending on what you are looking for.
At 05:03 PM 9/16/2000 -0700, you wrote:
>Hi, I've just started with tesla coils and was
>wondering if anybody could tell me where a good place
>to get magnet wire is? I've looked in the Radio Shack
>catalog, but they only have lengths of about 40 feet.
>Remember: Always pillage BEFORE you burn. --Ben Fillmore