Re: Fluorescent Lamps

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Ted Rosenberg" <Ted.Rosenberg-at-radioshack-dot-com>
>
> Hi all:
> Can anyone who has had experience lighting fluorescent lamps with TCs give
> me some guidelines? Do the lamps need to be grounded? Do they need to be hit
> by streamers? Is there a 'field" distance that will light them?

Snipperz...

Good question....    and now for some more since i read the other replies  ;)

is the tube being lit solely by RF ??

I seem to get really good lighting from direct strikes to the tube ( one end
grounded) but this is to be expected ;)

if the tube is not grounded is it RF or EMI that makes the tube glow ( non
grounded = even glow thru-out tube)

has anyone ever tried to see if the phosphoresenct coating inside the tube is
the main contributing factor to the glow?    ( seeing if a tube that is broken
still lites up ???  )

waiting to see ....

Scot D