Re: RF ground connection

Hi Kurt,  We experimented with connecting and disconnecting my dedicated
rf ground while the coil was putting out 60" streamers while I videotaped
the effect on the spark length.  After studying the video, I could see no
discernable effect one way or the other.  The camera was set on a bench
10' away from the coil and the video was also not affected as far as the
ground being connected or not.  The picture was normal on playback in the
VCR.  I used an older 'expendable' Goldstar camcorder, one of the big
clunky old ones.  I did however note an increase in rf interference on
the 19" test tv that I leave on when I am running the coil,  there was a
noticeable increase of rfi when the dedicated Tesla ground was
disconnected.  The use of a good ground however may save your life.  Be
careful with higher output coils, there is a lot of energy there just
looking for something to strike and destroy!   Al.