Re: Secondary form, New idea!!

Hi Alex,

	Black PVC has a bad reputation especially when it is dull looking and
leaves black marks on your hands (a sure sign of conductive carbon black).
The outdoor and UV protected stuff is full of carbon black.  There is a
black kind that is very shinny that seems to like high voltage, but best
not to mess with black PVC unless you are sure.

Sonotube is an old favorite of coilers.  You have to make the form a bit
longer to really help avoid surface arcs.  The cardboard burns easily.
However, if you make it long, Sonotube is wonderful for big coils and far
less expensive than some alternates.  My big coil is made from it:

http://216.160.168.190/TeslaCoils/MyCoils/BigCoil/secondary.jpg

http://216.160.168.190/TeslaCoils/MyCoils/BigCoil/BigCoil.htm

Dry it well with a heat source (like a light bulb inside it for a day or
so) and coat it good with polyurethane.  It will be a strong and really
nice secondary.

Cheers,

	Terry