From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Thursday, September 07, 2000 2:14 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: RE: blown NST's

Original poster: Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>

Hi Sundog,

	If your running an LTR cap with safety gaps.  I would think you are doing
everything right and the NST will not blow.

	I keep hearing of occasional cooked sync motors.  What cooked your motor?
I would think the motor would be fairly blowup proof.  Do we need to think
up some things to protect motors too??

Cheers,

	Terry

At 11:06 AM 9/7/00 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi All,
>
> I recently cooked my sync motor, so I grabbed DC motor (thanks again,
>Dave!), and fired that up -at- ~500bps.  Ran it for a decent while on a
variety
>of coils, and so far have no ill effects on the tranny.  The saftey gap I
[big snip]