Pig Factory Tour

Hi all,

I have had the last several days off from my job and this morn-
ing I gave the local distribution transformer factory ( Magnetic
Electric Inc.) a call and asked for a short tour of their facility.
The general plant manager, Gerald Yuhas, was most gracious
and gave me a thorough tour of the facility from the start to fi-
nish of the production process. It was most interesting to see
the construction details of the cores as well as the windings.
To get into the details of all of this on list would really be get-
ting off the topic, but it was a most interesting tour for a true
blue coiler! Magnetic Electric Inc. does have a webpage:

www.magneticelectric-dot-com

and it does give a brief overview of their
manufacturing process.

Safe Coiling in Memphis,
David Rieben