Re: 20 Khz output/true rms?

> Original poster: MrDirect-at-aol-dot-com
>
> Hello
>
> I have a radio shack true rms meter that had a DC
> voltage measurement.  It
> has a frequency counter up to 2 Mhz.
> I have used this same meter to record the frequency
of an AC alternator at 188 hz . I have also scoped
this, it appears to be accurate for these lower
ranges.
However I have taken the meter back Radio Shack for a
replacement that has not yet arrived. It will not
record low amperages at all. The 56 Henry coil shows
.07 amps on full scale reading, .07 ma onthe next
scale down and the .04 uA on the smallest scale! The
ordinanry meter reads 5.60 ma with no problem. I went
to Radio Shack, brought the  80 lb coil to show them
what was happening, they have no answers except, well
we dont have a replacement in stock. I have a feeling
the replacement meter will do the same thing. I have
had some correspondence with a radio shack engineer,
which I will resume if the new meter does the same
thing. I would be cautious with purchasing these new
auto ranging meters, especially if you are attempting
small amperage mesurements. To see the possible
variations in amperage consumption I also series
resonated the coil at 440 volts, the amperage
consumption at these higher levels is still markedly
different on the auto ranging, true rms meter.
> I am trying to measure the voltage off a DC
> transformer and it is measuring
> 10 volts.  It cannot provide an accurate reading
> because of the differences
> in frequencies.
>
> The transformer is supposedly -at- 20 Khz.
>
> Does anyone know a formula I might use to determine
> what the 10 volt
> measurement on the volt meter really is?
>
> Thanks

Got me, I never heard of a 20 thousand hz DC
transformer?   HDN

=====
Binary Resonant Systemhttp://www.insidetheweb-dot-com/mbs.cgi/mb124201