Re: bps and spark growth, was Superior Power Supply

In a message dated 11/16/00 3:16:45 PM Eastern Standard Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

> nteresting.
>  Do you know if the power level was the same in both
>  cases?
>  Before  top toroid change , it had smaller,rough
>  surface one on the secondary.
>  Adjanced toroid is much bigger today.The effect still
>  takes place at 120 BPS?
>  Every TC pro will tell you that 120 BPS and large bang
>  sizes used on systems with enough big top loads give
>  very fine arc lenght results.
>

>  Regards,
>  Boris

Boris,

The bang size was kept constant at every bps.  So the power
input was much lower at the low bps.  It is likely that the bang
size was too small to give best results at a low bps.  This is
why I said it depends on the system.  A coil with a small
bang size will need a higher bps to give long sparks and draw
in more power.  Greg said that the larger topload helped a
little to give better coalesce at the lower break rates, but not
really much difference.  I assume you're refering to Greg's
old coil (not the Electrum).

Yes, as you say, a low bps and large bang size gives the
best efficiency.

John Freau