From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Thursday, November 16, 2000 1:15 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Magnet wire source?

Original poster: "kevin wilson" <thebiggiantkevin-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Im working on my first coil and being a full time electronics engineering
student, I'm usually broke. Can someone tell me if I can use the windings
from an old electric motor? And if so what size motors usually have at least
1000ft of 24 or 26 AWG? Are there any other cheap sources of magnet wire?
What's the difference between magnet wire and regular copper wire anyway?
Any help would be appreciated.