Re: My first coil

Hi Paul,
	Welcome to the UK coiling community. There are quite a few coilers in
the UK. Take a look at < www.tcbouk-dot-org.uk > As regards the caps the RS
Arcotronics caps are fine to use. RS no 114 474. Several UK coilers have
been using them for well over a year now without any problems as far as
I know. (they should give us some free with all this positive feedback
we are giving them :-)). I have used them up to 2.5 KVa and Other people
have used them up to 15 KVa. You need a lot more voltage than 900v
something like 6kv minimum. For a small coil you could use an Oil Burner
Ignition Transformer. O.B.I.T. Have a look at your local dump. The thing
you are looking for is a oil fired boiler combuster. It has a fan on one
end, and a burner that looks like a big blow lamp around 3" dia on the
other. The transformer is around 4" long x 3" high and usually has a
mains lead one side going to a control box and two leads that look like
spark plug  leads going into the burner part. If you can't find one I
could let you have one cheap. They weigh around 2.5 Kgs so Postage might
be an issue. Where abouts in the UK are you?