Re: MMC bandwagon

In a message dated 11/12/00 6:43:18 PM Pacific Standard Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

<<
 ok, i have spent 2-3 hours scouring the net for some worthwile
 instructions on building a MMC. couldnt find any :(  .  Specs for my
 coil are:

 6 X 24 secondary
 11 turns 1/4" Cu tubing primary
 RQ style 6 gap static gap
 looking to replace my saltwater caps

 what capacitance should i be shooting for?
 any help would be greatly appreciated

Michael,

You really should run the calculations to see what size capacitor is required
to tune the primary to the secondary resonant frequency.  My six inch coil is
similar in size to yours.  I started out with a .01 ufd cap, then went to a
.025 ufd cap and now use a .05 ufd cap.  It depends on your toroid size,
larger will lower the resonant frequency, and your power levels.  You can
download the spreadsheet from my website for running the calculations.
http://members.aol-dot-com/esondrmn/index.html

Ed Sonderman