Re: Where can I get toriods besides ...

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Grayson B Dietrich" <electrofire-at-juno-dot-com>
>
> Perhaps this is a bit off-topic*, but, I am rather familiar with the
> products offered by Science First, and I must judge them differently.
> They are an -excellent- source for all parts pertaining to Van De Graaff
> generators, and the one small tesla coil they sell, while unusual  in
> design and perhaps inefficient, is one I have seen sold by many other
> companies. They do not manufacture them, I would think. When it comes to
> electrostatics accesories and supplies, though, they are wonderful. I am
> not familiar with any tesla coil plans they sell.
>
> That same tesla coil, identifiable by its conical secondary,  concentric
> primary, and base has been sold by Edmund Scientific, and Scientific
> American as well.
>
> Grayson Dietrich
> http://www.electrophile.8m-dot-com

	Science First is a first-rate outfit (no pun intended).  The "lady who
runs it" is, I seem to remember, the daughter of Frank Lee who used to
have HV articles in the Amateur Scientist department of Scientific
American.  I had some correspondence with her a few years back and she
told me that Lee is still alive and active; just can't remember her
exact relationship.  Anyhow, they sell good stuff at a reasonable price,
even though their metal spinnings aren't polished.

Ed