RE: First THOR measurement results

<< The performance of Thor (spark length) decreases quite rapidly within
15-30
 seconds. This is expecially noticeable without the copper rod placed on the
 toroid: then streamers are quite rare and stop coming within 10-15 seconds.
 What
 might be the reason? I suppose the RSG overheating and crippling the
quenching
 or what? I have already heard of this kind of behaviour but I can't recall
what
 was the explanation. Anybody?

I had the same experience with my latest coils when the caps got warm. I was
even able to demonstrate decreased performance by warming up the caps in the
back of the car in the sun and the performance was dismal even tho the spark
gap was cool.

I was using stacked plate caps at the time btw.