[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TOROIDS

> Original Poster: Fucian-at-aol-dot-com

Hey Matt,

I assume the outer diameter is about 30 or 31 inches? That's about 30pF of top
load.
A bit too much for your coil. I would recommend removing 3 feet and reforming.
This should get you to about 19 inches diameter and about 20pF of top
capacitance. Still may be a bit much. Probably the best recommendation is to
remove maybe a foot or 6 inches at a time until you get your "best" top load
size. But don't forget - *every* time you change the top load capacitance you
change the total capacitance of the secondary resonantor and therefore change
your resonant frequency. This means you have to "tune" the primary on each Ctop
change.

Bart