[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: FIRST LIGHT FINALLY!

I have to agree here Fucian.  I just used Terry's MMC calculator
and I got a very safe setup for 9kv-at-30ma at 2 strings of 14 to give
you .008uf which is a match for your 9kv-at-30ma.  If Terry still has
caps from his last bulk buy that will cost you $40.60.

It also churned out a safe setup which will get warmer and
only costs $10.15.  That one is 1 string of 7 caps.  The individual
caps were Panasonic 0.056uf.

I went with the first setup since I plan on moving up to 15kv-at-60ma.

Cheers,
Bill Parn

PS: I found the MMCs very easy to build, and rewarding.  It allowed
me to match my transformer, which made the difference from 6-8"
streamers to the 14" streamers I started getting after switching
over.  :-)

<<<<I still have plenty of caps. - Terry>>>>