[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A funny thing happened on the way.....

----- Original Message -----
From: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
To: <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Sent: Monday, March 20, 2000 10:14 PM
Subject: Re: A funny thing happened on the way.....

> Original Poster: CTCDW-at-aol-dot-com
>
> Jon,
>
> thanks for the info on your coil...when your sparks died away, did they
come
> back on their own after a few seconds?

When it died, I would shut it off quickly (within 10 seconds). If I would
turn it back on right away, it wouldn't work, but if I'd let it sit for a
minute it would work again for a few seconds and then quit. I was really
working my caps hard. I had halved the total number of caps in series to
double the capacitance. I went from 60kvdc to 30kvdc rating and it heated up
quickly.