[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: UV Detection methods was Ultraviolet light from brush discharge.

Phosphorescence can occur at virtually any wavelength with variable time
constants depending on the phosphor. I am not certain that this was the
effect that you witnessed, but it is certainly a candidate. Detergents
commonly contain phosphate compounds and many of these fluoresce and even
phosphoresce. It could be a residual from carpet cleaning.