[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Avalon

>            owing to lack of time I'm not really reading the list at the
> moment but I couldn't resist this one.....

<<snip of Nick's post and entirely valid comments>>
All who contemplate huge coils.. Nick has a included a nice list of some of
the myriad factors you'll need to consider.  Christopher, even if you never
build the coil, you'll have accumulated some useful research material on
the non-electrical aspects of building one. Make sure you publish it, if
you can, because just as you can benefit from Bill Wysock's writeup of the
13M testing, (not to mention everyone's benefit from Colo Spgs notes,
etc.), those who follow (doesn't that sound ominous<grin>) can benefit from
your hard work, too..

> I'm not saying don't do it, but realise the implications of doing it.  If
> you plan to open this to the public then you've got to build it properly.
> The skills you need aren't tesla building, but construction and project
> management.  The coil design is easy compared to getting it built on time
> and on budget (now where have I heard that before......)
>
> BTW: To get the record you'll actually need to build a 650kVA system as I
> believe Robert Golka and co.'s old coil is now running at 600kVA for USAF
> test purposes. The HAARP research probably beats that one as well but
that
> one's a touch classified...;-)

One might want to see some first hand evidence of Golka's coil and the
power levels before you work to beat it.. Of course, I think that 1 MVA has
a nice ring to it, and makes Golka's coil moot...
Let's see... at $0.10/kWh.. 1 MVA = $100/hr running cost..not too bad..

HAARP is a giant phased array in Alasak, last I checked, and isn't a single
transmitter or antenna, even though the power is quite high.  Most all of
HAARP is unclassified, except the details of how they intend to ELF
modulate the ionization and whether it propagates subsurface.
http://www.haarp.alaska.edu/

Lots of transmitters, lots of redundancy, lots of survivability....Takes a
nuclear hit and keeps on ticking..