[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: copper static SG problems

Hi Jan,

> Original Poster: "Jan Florian Wagner" <jwagner-at-cc.hut.fi>
>
> I've a strong cooling fan (25W) that blasts the gap.
> But, errm, as I have connected the fan in parallel with the NST
>primary, the fan slows down very much during operation...
>logical, but I don't see

No NOT logical.

Are you saying that when you load the NST, your fan slows
way down?? If so, you have a wiring problem. It would seem
that your line voltage drops and IF so, you have resistance
somewhere in your mains circuit (from your breaker box to your
NST), which you should eliminate. I^2*R losses mean heat and
you donīt want to start a fire in your house wiring (or anywhere
else for that matter). It could be a corroded connection
terminal for instance.

Coiler greets from Germany,
Reinhard