[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Avalon

Alright. Let's start with design.

1. Should the system be AC or DC? Why?

2. Components size? (ie, tower height? Sec. wire size?)

3. Primary type? (I am thinking interior helical like Electrum, but is there
a better way?) I would like to be able to change tuneing without too much
hassle.

4. Topload? I am thinking a large sphere with interior tubeular frame
covered in a polished stainless skin, monocoque construction. With a 1"
tapped hole at the top for attachment of removeable devises (breakout points
...etc)

5. Power source? I am thinking 200 - 250 kVA from a large pig, or pig array,
powered from 240 or 480 at high amperages.

6. Control system?

7 Design goals and possible uses?

8 Gap type? I like the Electrum gap best as far as design, I am thnking of
something similar. 10 Gap series rotary?

I would like to have the maximum amount of flexibility in operation of the
coil. Variable tuning, single shot modes, variable spark gap speed...etc. I
would like to have an ASync spark gap that we can lock on with a tach or
computer control to be sync. This isn;t just for pretty, I would like it to
be a research tool to better the state of the art in Tesla Coil design.

9. Cap type and size? Or should I call the Corona Bottleing company....lol
:) just kidding.

10. Tower design ideas?

Alright guys, let's see what we can do :)

I'm also looking for members on the project team, email me off list to join.

Chris B.