[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Question about ballasting and VA

snip
> A pole transformer doesn't spit out massive amounts of
> current at will, it has to be "asked". It seems to me that the pig just
> feeds
> the current demands of the load (bigger tank cap, bigger load - I use .1uf
> and .2uf and I notice the difference).

This makes sense to me, if you'd plug in a pig with nothing connected to the
secondary, primary current would be little to none. But if you shorted the
secondary, primary current would skyrocket (and the pig would explode
seconds later, or would it pop the line fuse?).

> No need to "limit" current at all...
>
> HOWEVER, this may only apply to salient pole synchronous spark gap
> coils... I don't know because that's the only type I use. The double "E"
> bunch can jump in here at any time ...

Are you saying you can run a pig powered system with a sync gap and no
current limiting?

> Jeff Parisse
> www.teslacoil-dot-com

Jon Lagler