[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Re[2]: NST's ARE ALL DEADLY !!!!!!!!

> Original Poster: Megavolt121-at-aol-dot-com
>
> Paul,
> I didn't have anything across the leads and i shorted it by touching a
> piece of metal to both poles of the ladder. I'm still trying to figure out
> why the heck i got shocked! I'm open to all suggestions. One possibility is
> that the nst possibly had a PFC built into it and it held a charge and when i
> touched the poles it used the PFC charge to shock me?
> Stumped in southern Ca.

If the NST case was not properly grounded, there could have been a charge
left on the case or the secondary w.r.t ground (capacitive).  Shorting out
the secondary would not affect this charge, but touching the transformer
with your grounded body would quickly remove the charge... through you.

This is the only thing I can think of, other than a simple static buildup
from you walking around and then touching a grounded transformer.

-Adam
adamsmith-at-mediaone-dot-net