[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: SPARK GAP BIAS TECHNIQUES

Hi.

What do you exactly mean with "biased with a DC voltage"?

Do you mean:

1.simply  a DC tank or
2. that the spark gap is also fed by a separate DC power supply giving it a
"biasing" voltage or
3. that a DC voltage source is in series with the spark gap?

The original tankl I was using with my TC (see schematics at
http://www.saunalahti.fi/dncmrc/tank.html) outputs a PULSED DC, not an AC
voltage. I had a voltage (sine) going from 0 to 8 kV -at- 50 Hz, never reversing
polarity.

Now, even with that tank, I never measured any "special" spark gap
behaviour, at
least never anything different from Terry's measurements. Check my (scope)
measurements at http://www.saunalahti.fi/dncmrc/measure.html

Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com> on 02.03.2000 13:17:34