[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Continuous Wave Drive

Hi all,

This is an old message, but I suddenly had a thought - wouldn't a
solid-state driven magnifier coil be a good proposition - ie the 'driver'
coil driven by a full-bridge bunch of MOSTFETs? The low impedance of the
driver coil would seem a good match (1) at the primary side for the
h-bridge (2) at the secondary side for the third resonator's base. This way
you avoid the saturation and non-linearity problems inherent in
Ferrite-cored transformers, and get a good match to boot (if everything is
designed well). Howver what I can't think is whether to discard the primary
caps and just drive the primary untuned, or another idea is to drive the
primary with an MMC in series with it, thus pumping the max. current into
the load - which is then seen as a series-tuned circuit, low Z at resonance
and developing really high voltages as the primary sees things (ie as a
parallel circuit).

Feel free to shoot this down if you think it's either impossible or
*monetarily* ridiculous (ie boxfuls of fried FETs!)

Alex Crow