[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: VTTC + YU-204 data

David Trimmel wrote:

> I must experess that I do not agree with DR.R's opinion on H/D ratio for
> tube coils.
> Try tu use the more standard H/D ratios, like 4.5/1 (or so), a 3 inch by
> 13 inch coil close wound with AWG 28 is a good bet.

David,

In the archives the use of a H/D ratio of 6 and AWG 22 for a 3" coil
is recommended. Both of you are experienced coilers and I'm
tending to a compromise therefore: What about a H/D ratio of  8
and AWG 26? Too skinny?

> Sorry for the non-metric demensions, as the US is still backwards ;-)
In 1965 I saw the first original US drawings containing fractions like
7/64 *and* the metric equivalent. Obviously things didn't change
much since that time. But as everybody has got a pocket
calculator now, that's no problem at all :-)

> That tube is a monster! I would try to find some inexpensive triode for a
> first VTTC, and save the big guy for when you feel comfortable with
> VTTC's, or use it for that linear amp!
That's a really good advice!

Regards		Herwig