[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: 25kVA neon transformer

>Original Poster: "Mark Broker" <broker-at-uwplatt.edu>
>
>I never knew NSTs existed above ~1.8kVA (15/120)....
>
>True it's expensive, but if it really was designed for Neon Sign use, then
>it's probably self current limiting, which would mean you wouldn't have to
>worry about external ballasting.  Decent ballasting for a 25kVA pig, I
>imagine, could run a bit of money, as well. (The only knowledge I have
>about pig-run TCs came from the posts on this list.)
>
>Mark

Mark,

It's not a neon sign transformer but rather a neon bombarder transformer
used for burning out neon tubes during manufacturing.  These are typically
not current limited, and usually have an external limiter.  There is
mention in the auction that the "controller" is not included.  Pole pigs
are also often used as bombarder transformers.

Zap!

Charles Brush
http://www.VoltNet-dot-com