From: Tesla List [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Monday, June 12, 2000 1:21 AM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: copper plating

Original Poster: "Metlicka Marc" <mystuffs-at-orwell-dot-net>

the principal is to do away with the sat water altogether. if you have a
conductor separated by a nonconductor to a conductor then you have a
capacitor. all the salt water in a salt water cap does is conduct from
the internal electrode to the dielectric then to the outer
conductor(aluminum foil). my idea is to plate both sides of the glass
jug so that it would be a dry cap.
soldering is not needed because copper foil tape stuck to the inside and
the outside of the jug would be plated over for a solid connection.
the plastic cups do plate with copper on the outside(although with rough
handling it flakes off), these i only want plated on the outside
surface. then i can stack them with unplated cups to get the desired
dielectric thickness. the party cup cap will be in oil to eliminate air
bubble that will cause a pierce through point.
plating the cap, be it plastic or glass only takes the place of aluminum
foil wrapping.
the capacitor i placed across the pos-neg wires to force the current to
lead the voltage. aiding in the molecular transfer of the copper.
if you think plastic cant be plated then you must never had a chrome
radio knob start to flake and cut your finger?
by plating a glass jar on both sides there would be no corona, or a very
slight amount.
this experiment is in it's infancy at this stage so further reports will
follow if interest is shown? but for what i am trying to do, i have my
reasons.
regards       marc