Re: Drill-press for milling?

Yes and no...

The basic problem is that a drill press isn't designed to take a
significant side load on the quill (the part that goes up and down), unlike
the usual vertical mill. Likewise, the usual drill chuck doesn't deal with
side/angle loads well, unlike the collet in a mill. On the other hand, I've
seen model maker's mills with smaller bearings than my drill press.  So
it's not a Bridgeport, it's not like you are milling an engine block out of
steel, go slow, use lots of lube, etc. and it might work.  And, if you
really thrash the bearings in your drill press, it's not that hard to
replace them (speaking from hard personal experience, here).