Need Secondary wire source

Hi folks,

The surplus magnet wire has let me down once again.  Two secondaries lost
to between turn dielectric breakdown.  Does anyone have a good source for
double formvar or better wire?  I have found some quadruple coated wire
(may be overkill) but can't find a supplier that will sell by the pound.  I
need about 5 pounds of 22 gauge asap.

Here are the specs on my coil:

15/30 NST overdriven to saturation, then backed off a bit with variac
4 boards of 18 .056 1600VDC Panasonic caps in parallel for .0124
Adjustable spark gap with 7 gaps, air blown across to help purge ion cloud
14 turns of .25" copper pipe spaced .25" at 15 degree bank, inner turn is 7
inches
It is tapped at about 8
4x24 secondary on thin wall PVC drainpipe, dried and urethaned inside and
out and after winding
6x20 toroid mounted directly to the top of secondary

To date I have had two secondaries start to burn between windings.  My only
guess is the enamel on the surplus wire is not thick enough.  The burns
have happened in various areas on the coil, usually near the center and
start as a tiny black spot between two windings.  The coil runs very well,
giving me 36" streamers to air and sometimes streamers that almost hit the
ground (about 44").  I have 2 more identical 15/30 NSTs and will be
connecting them in parallel as soon as I get the secondary issue fixed.

Thanks for any pointers,

Chris