Re: Need Secondary wire source

In a message dated 7/31/00 11:18:44 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

>  To date I have had two secondaries start to burn between windings.  My
only
>  guess is the enamel on the surplus wire is not thick enough.  The burns
>  have happened in various areas on the coil, usually near the center and
>  start as a tiny black spot between two windings.  The coil runs very well,
>  giving me 36" streamers to air and sometimes streamers that almost hit the
>  ground (about 44").  I have 2 more identical 15/30 NSTs and will be
>  connecting them in parallel as soon as I get the secondary issue fixed.
>
>  Thanks for any pointers,
>
>  Chris

Chris,

You could try motor repair shops for wire, but I'm surprised the
enamel is giving such a problem.  Maybe the coil is still overcoupled
some and needs the secondary to be raised up a little?   Do you
know how much voltage you're feeding the NST?

Cheers,
John Freau