Re: stranded vs. solid wire

In a message dated 7/27/00 4:57:30 PM Pacific Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

>  My question is, all theory aside, has anyone actually verified a difference
>  by experimentation, or have solid, documented evidence of one being
superior
>  to the other in actual practice?
>
>   ie; has anyone built two identical secondaries, one with (for example)
12ga
>  stranded, the other with 12ga solid wire?  If that gauge sounds
ridiculously
>  large for a secondary, keep in mind that I'm currently working on a large
>  coil which will have over 5,000 feet of wire in the secondary.  Feel free
>  post whatever gauge info you have.
>
>   Thanks in advance,
>  Bill / Gomez / Arkoff

B/G/A,

Going back to theory, I would say it can't matter from a practical
standpoint because the losses in the secondary are low in any case.
It just won't make enough difference to be noticeabe whether there's
more area or whatever, etc.

Cheers,
John Freau