Re: amp ratings for MMCs?

Hi David,

See the following if you have not already:

http://users.better-dot-org/tfritz/MMCPower4.html
http://users.better-dot-org/tfritz/site/programs/MMCCALC2.ZIP

This will tell you how hot they get and such.  In general you do not need to
add anything to these equations since the manufacturers already "pad" there
numbers about 50%.  If you use high current poly caps, the dV/dT rating will be
fine.  The RMS current is much more important IMHO.

Cheers,

        Terry